VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualizationsoftware for industry-standard computers, is look for talented softwareengineers to be key members of a start-up engineering team. This role will develop and support theinstallation, upgrade and patch software for VMware’s flagship ESX product.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with installation, upgrade and patch softwarein multiple releases.
- Isolate problems which involve working across multiple components within theESX product.
- Develop requirements for installation,upgrade and patch software for future releases
- Communicate effectively with multiple groups in the course of performing theabove functions.
- Design and implement new features or enhancements to the existing products.
- Interact and collaborate with a globalmulti-function team including development, QA, product management to deliverESX releases. [b] Requirements[/b]
- MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Expertise with installing, administering,troubleshooting, and developing software for the Linux operating system.
- Proficiency in Python, Perl, and shellscripting.
- Knowledge ofRPM (Red Hat Package Manager) best practices, as well as RPM install scripts,SPEC files, and development libraries.
- Strong multi-layer development and debugging skills across kernel, driver,library and application layers.
- The ability to debug C code, Makefiles, and other scripting and programminglanguages.
- Strongwritten and oral English communication skills.
- Stronganalytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to workindependently and deliver tasks in a timely manner.